Goodreads asked Brittney Joy:

Brittney Joy Just do it - sit down at the computer, with a notebook, write on the back of a receipt if that's what it takes! I've wanted to write a novel since I was in high school, but didn't take the time to start my first story until I quit a job I was unhappy in. Until my break from corporate life, I felt like I didn't have the time to write a book. Now I know you just need to make time -- a half hour here ... a couple hours there. It all adds up! Plus, if you take the time daily to write (whether it is ten minutes or a few hours), you story stays in your subconscious. You think about it all the time. That's when the really good ideas come -- when you are taking a shower, walking the dog, washing dishes, etc, etc. Ideas will "pop" into your head!

P.S. - I'm back working full time in the corporate world ... and (surprise!) I still have time to write! Writing has now become a release for me.