Erik Bishoff
Erik Bishoff asked:

I'm looking for a good series for my almost-ten-year-old who is reading the Harry Potter series for the third time. Seems like Percy Jackson is a good choice? Any other suggestions?

To answer questions about The Lightning Thief, please sign up.
Becci Percy Jackson is an excellent choice...
Might I also recommend David Eddings "Belgariad" series? It's perfect for your child's age group.
And if said child prefers something that feels more adult (but is suitable for age group) then Raymond Feist's "Riftwar Saga" is also fascinating.
Ranee Babu The Kane Chronicle is also a very nice series by Rick Riordan.
Shiah The 39 clues. Its a really big series and there are 3 series so far. the first book is written by Rick Riordan as well!
Lizzy I love those books. And I'm 13. In my defense I read them when I was eleven but they're still my favorite books. Of he liked Harry Potter then he'll probably love Percy Jackson
Barbara Yeah, those would be good, and maybe the Alex Rider series ( I read them when I was 10 and loved it). But don't let him place his hands on a copy of The Maze Runner series any time soon :)
Maureen Percy Jackson is definitely a good choice. I also recommend Artemis Fowl for kids that age, it was the only book I could get my brother to read for a long time. Or maybe the Enchanted Forest Chronicles? I got them for my 9th birthday and loved them.
Wilson Terrific series for 10 - 12 year olds. Very engaging and wonderfully entertaining!
Allison It IS a good choice. The second series, the Heroes of the Olympus, is a little bit darker and a tad bit more mature, but this series is a good one.
Image for The Lightning Thief
by Rick Riordan (Goodreads Author)