Joseph Eastburn

Did any of your guys read this book? I found it exasperating to say the least. I wanted to love it, after loving "Freedom" and "The Corrections." All I can say is I'm proud that I got through it. Kept picking and reading other books during the long slog... Wish I could be more positive...

To answer questions about Purity, please sign up.
Yanwen I have read it and I agree with you that it is not a pleasant read, with a large chunk on Pip's parents' childish fights and A.Wolf's excessive obsession with his own problem. I have to say if you are looking for a pleasant read, stay away from Franzen's books. I have a feeling that he doesn't like any of his own characters, all messed up in their way unique way. He is not about giving readers a good feeling about humanity. Instead, he thinks he tries to paint a realistic picture of what the world is NOT what it should be...
Image for Purity