Goodreads asked Martin Roy Hill:

Martin Roy Hill My most recent book, EDEN: A Sci-Fi Novella, will be published on November 15, 2014. It was inspired by both my interest in history and my interest in what I call "crypto-science" -- that is, anything that is bizarre and beyond the knowledge of current scientific knowledge.

Sometime ago, I read that archeaologists using satellite photos believed they had identified the purported location of the Biblical Garden of Eden in Iraq between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. I also knew that Iraq was the location of the Sumerian culture, the first evidence of human civilization. Having read Erich von Daniken's CHARIOTS OF THE GODS and watched the History Channel's show Ancient Aliens, I started thinking "What if American soldiers in Iraq stumbled into the Garden of Eden?" That was the genesis (excuse the pun) of my science fiction novella EDEN. You can read more about EDEN on my website at http://tiny.cc/EdenBlog2 .