Lou Wolf
Lou Wolf asked:

appropriate for 14 year old girl?

To answer questions about Bad Behavior, please sign up.
Mickey I read it when I was 14, and it was way too adult for me. But then again, it didn't scar me for life. I think the only story that she's ever written that does not have any X-rated details would be "Tiny Smiling Daddy", the first story in "Because They Wanted To". I'd probably wait to share the rest until she was around 25, and then only if you are not related to her. (It would be weird to be given a Mary Gaitskill book by your male relative at any age, IMO.)
Judy Lacourciere No! The issues are too adult and the writing is from the jaded perspective of somebody who's experienced a lot of life--not for a young adolescent.
Julia Not unless you want her reading about some rather cruel sexual behavior and frank descriptions of prostitution.
Marianne Villanueva No. Trigger warning: Drug use
Image for Bad Behavior