Shannon
Shannon asked:

can i read this before the first book???

To answer questions about The Assassin's Blade, please sign up.
Crystal Yes you can and you should, because if you read the series first and then read this book, you'll already know what happens. I wish I'd read it first so I would've been more surprised by certain events. BUT the protagonist may seem bratty and annoying in the prequel to some people, as opposed to the rest of the books. It's character development. I read the first two books and then the prequel, and saw how she's changed and matured. But if I had read the prequel first, I might not have loved her right away.

Read this one first, though. :) In Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight, certain events will be mentioned about Celaena's past and you'll know exactly what she's talking about rather than just being confused or not caring.
Sophia
Stephanie I think you should read this book before the first book in the series
R.G Yes, you can definitely read this before the first book. The First book in the series makes more sense that way! :)
Image for The Assassin's Blade
by Sarah J. Maas (Goodreads Author)