Mykl Walsh
Mykl Walsh asked:

Here's a question I got from my developmental editor and some readers. "If this novel takes place in a parallel universe, why is it so similar to our own planet earth?"

To answer questions about Journey, please sign up.
Catherine I felt that it was quite understandable to have it portrayed in an alternate dimension. It is theorized that every decision a person makes can have spread to alternate dimensions. For example, if a person makes a decision to catch the bus to work or not, that decision might have several dimensions attributed to it, based on what would happen with either situation.
Mykl Walsh See this article from Scientific American's May 2003 issue. (link below) The first page gives the answer, but some of you may be interested in reading more.

By the time this article appeared, the belief in the actual existence of an infinite number of parallel universes had moved from the sci-fi realm into real science.

Since 2003, the case has only gotten stronger. Today, people like Stephen Hawking and Neill De grasse Tyson believe this is true or highly likely to be true and so, by extension, they believe that what happens in my book did in fact take place . . . somewhere.

http://secretagentman.org/SciAm/SciAm...
Image for Journey
by Mykl Walsh (Goodreads Author)