Rudy Vile
Rudy Vile asked Alan Moore:

Do you, or any of your publishers, have any plans to publish more of your original comics scripts (plus earlier-stage documents such as notebook pages, thumbnails, outlines, and other jottings)? What has already been made available has been often fragmentary, and even the complete scripts published comprise a small fraction of your comics work. Your scripts always offer a fascinating, unmediated look at your thinking.

Alan Moore I’m flattered at the interest that there is in my scripts, although I’ve always felt very ambiguous about making the scripts public. For one thing, the script directions were nothing that I ever intended for the audience to see, since what I wanted was to give the audience the finished and perfected result of those directions: that was the experience I wanted the audience to have. Also, writing my scene descriptions is probably the only time when I can relax, literarily speaking, knowing that this is just a very functional stream of text for someone who is a co-worker, a friend, or very often both, and that I don’t need to be constantly, neurotically attempting to impress everybody with my immaculate prose style. If I thought that people would be reading the scripts as things in themselves, then that would increase my level of fussy self-consciousness and it would take me even longer to write them that it does as present. But, I understand what you’re saying, and can see that my scripts – or at least a few of them – might be useful for aspiring writers. I just don’t want to feel that I’m benefitting commercially from material that I personally didn’t believe to be for public consumption. Maybe I’ll see what I can arrange after I’m dead.
Alan Moore