Nicholas
Nicholas asked:

i heard it was a good book but is it?

G.K. Noyer I read the 2007 update of this book. I was surprised not to see it here, but it was excellent. I consider it a must-read, not just for the de-bunking of so many things we're taught, but even more so for the insights it provides into how that process works - which groups have been putting the most pressure on textbooks editors to lie to us and our nation's children, and why. To get the most out of this book, do NOT overlook the end-notes, where most of the specifics on all that are provided, along with many other eye-opening anecdotes!
Angie Currently reading and only 15% into it but so far so good. Historical myths that are perpetuated in American textbooks are debunked in an easy-to-read, conversational writing style.
Dave Andrews As a beneficiary of "white exceptionalism," I should find it a bitter pill to have to learn that history has been written by the victors, white guys, to make us look good. In the process of glorifying the causes and actions of the white heroes, the victims have been vilified, demonized, marginalized. Our education system is not set up to teach us to think for ourselves, so many people never see through the veneer to the rotting foundations. Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom, and Americans have been put into a trance by the trance machines in your living rooms. Awaken America! The book LIES ACROSS AMERICA is also extremely useful, exposing the motivations of the groups that erect monuments. It could have been called "Lies (Literally) Engraved in Stone".
Image for Lies My Teacher Told Me