Ki
Ki asked Ally Broadfield:

Hi Ally! In Say You'll Love Me, Lady Abigail adores fairy tales and Edmund certainly understands that he can't possibly measure up to her fictional heroes. In that passage i found it resonated with me strongly, was this part of a massage you wanted to get across in the book?

Ally Broadfield This is a difficult question to answer but I’ll give it a shot. I never set out to purposefully include a message in any of my books, but sometimes the characters decide to do or say things that might make it look that way. Most of us read to escape the real world for a while, so I write stories that I hope will create that experience for readers. But in this case, Edmund knew his limitations when it came to love, and he was concerned that he could not measure up to Abigail’s expectations. Of course, Abigail felt differently. I think it’s natural for most of us to feel at least a little insecure about ourselves once in a while, so my hope is that revealing the vulnerability of the characters will help readers identify more with them.