Donna Meyerovitz

It's now 2015. What has happened to Nujood?

To answer questions about I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced, please sign up.
Samantha Nujood changed her name to Nujoom which means "the stars in the sky"; her former name means "hidden one"; so this is empowering her.
Laura I just checked on Wikipedia. According to wiki, her father used the money her book earned to buy an apartment, a grocery store, and two new wives. He also married off her younger sister ASAP.

Nujood may have been thrown out of the house/family for the notoriety she brought. Her education has been sporadic. Nujood changed her name; she's been denied a passport to leave the country.

However, more countries are addressing the issue of child brides and more child brides, including an eight-year-old, have been allowed to divorce men many times their age.
Image for I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced