Jo Vraca
Jo Vraca asked:

I'm trying to read Goldfinch but all I can think about is Stasiland. Given that life is so short, should I feekl guilty about re-reading a book when there are so many new books? NO FREAKING WAY. This is one of the best books around.

VALERIE The Goldfinch was a huge disappointment. Stasiland is much better. No guilt, power on!
Fran Blake i hope you can get through Goldfinch. I thought it very well delineated different social classes. The Park Avenue family and the Greenwich Village antique dealer are spot on. Perhaps, because such types of people are familiar to me, I found the author to be quite observant. In addition, some of us who frequent The Metropolitan Museum of Art were spooked about terrorism in the museum following the 9/11 event.
Stasiland is an entirely different experience.
good luck. love to hear what you think upon finishing.
Image for Stasiland