Sara
Sara asked:

I'm not very experienced with comic books, so this question may seem a bit silly. Can I start with this (vol. 3?) if I want to read the story mainly for Apollo and Midnighter? Should I start a different place? Is there a comprehensive, chronological list of their appearances? Thanks!

Paweł This book stands firmly as a separate story. There aren't many links to other series, a few mentions at most. Vol. 3 means it's a reboot for the new 52 - previous ones are very different and not required to enjoy this one. It's chronologically first appearance of Apollo in this timeline. Midnighter had a few cameos, but nothing that counts as proper introduction in this iteration. Cheers.
Image for Stormwatch, Volume 1
by Paul Cornell (Goodreads Author)