Do you think that the first... say what 8 reviews on this book are negative because they themselves (the reviewers) are emotional and are not in any shape or form psychopaths so they in turn find it hard to relate??? Or am I asking the wronge person here?

Blake Stevenson It could be true. You could argue on a lot of things judging the book. It's a good book. I'm no psychopath and I don't necessarily need to relate to understand the perspective. People will find this book self-indulgent and it's probably more by the way people seem to view psychopaths.

It depends on how much you understand psychopathy and it's condition. Like "He thinks he's never harmed anyone although he admits doing things that hurt other people." This is a misconception. Psychopaths aren't wired to feel empathy towards other people. People will call this fluke and inhuman, but it's true. And he also admitted he has narcissistic characteristics which kind of gives you the idea of the whole "self-indulgent" thing.

I personally liked this book. It gives you a clearer view of pro-social psychopaths who live among us, and aren't necessarily the serial killers and marauders everyone considers them. If you still want more in this I'd suggest you read some of Kevin Dutton's books.

And people still don't believe that such people exist. It's funny with the amount of denial and ignorance people pull through. I couldn't care less although I am no primary psychopath. I do exhibit some characteristics and I believe I lie somewhere on the spectrum. Regardless, reviewers will keep talking. Maybe they are right. Who cares? Read yourself and find out.

Worthwhile to read? Yes. :)
Ambre The way he talks about himself has to be seen to be believed. He talks up his every accomplishment as though he's the only person in the world who ever accomplished them, and then blows off things like stealing cars and setting fire to furniture as adolescent hijinks.

He doesn't write anything for us to relate to. It's a fairly dry analysis of himself done by his greatest fan, himself. He doesn't, for example, ever describe how his behavior affected his wife other than to say she got mad at him. Not that she was hurt, she was angry. Things like that.

He, makes it clear that he has enjoyed life and describes people who like him, but doesn't really talk about people who have been harmed by his behavior because he thinks he's never harmed anyone (even though he admits to stealing cars, breaking into homes, emotional adultery, revenge, etc).
Mia I don't think so. I think the reviews are negative because it is a poorly written and self-indulgent book.
Shaun Mia is spot on with the answer below. Some self-indulgence is to be expected, but he was laying it on real thick toward the end and I nearly punted all-together.
Image for The Psychopath Inside