Charlene
Charlene asked:

One thing that surprised me in this book is his best friend calling Peter, "Pete." Did you find evidence that nicknames like this were used in the period? I lived in England for five years and have known British friends here, and not one man I met wished to have his name shortened as we in the U.S. often do.

To answer questions about Duke of Scandal, please sign up.
Sandra R I am Australian, but my family background is English and I believe they would never have shortened names back then and would rarely have used first names at all. The English were/are very formal - just think about all the old movies from the fifties, sixties etc - everyone was Miss and Mr, not even first names were used even then. I would say around 90% of American authors do not write in the proper English manner, ever though they are writing books sent in Regency/Victorian England etc. Only a handful ever get it right, so I read those books and let it go. I believe this book is not intended to be a traditional read - just a whole lot of fun. (I very much enjoyed it)
Image for Duke of Scandal
by Gaelen Foley (Goodreads Author)