Karen Palmer
Karen Palmer asked:

I wonder why Disney changed a lot of fairytales by the Brothers Grimm. I mean I LOVE the movies , but they are completely different. Can someone tell me why?

To answer questions about Grimm's Fairy Tales, please sign up.
Andre Technically speaking Disney only changed two of the tales by the Brothers Grimm: Snow White and Rapunzel. Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty were adapted from their French incarnations and the rest, as far as I am aware, have nothing to do with the Brother's Grimm.
As for your question: Some elements of the tales were considered too brutal/controversial for kids and other changes are simply due to changing times as well as the differing nature of book and movie that require changes.
Ezzy
cheyenne abare
Eliza Disney changed them because in these versions evil, bloody, gruesome things happen tho the characters.
Image for Grimm's Fairy Tales