Cyndi
Cyndi asked:

Is this appropriate for middle schoolers?

To answer questions about Buck: A Memoir, please sign up.
Jose Unamuno I would highly recommend it for 10th graders and up.
Amy This is an amazing book, but I would not let a middle school student read it and proceed with caution for 9th and 10th graders. I am pretty liberal about what I let my 15 year old daughter read - generally I read it first if I feel it will be "more adult" so we can talk about it as/after she reads it. This book has some VERY graphic scenes about young women putting on a show for young men. Specifically, the word pu$$y is used quite a few time to describe what they are seeing. Obviously teenagers have access to a lot of graphic material but I still feel it's worth parents monitoring what they read and discussing it. If you act like it doesn't matter, then they think it doesn't.
Teaguem2005 I believe high school but not middle schoolers
Image for Buck
by M.K. Asante (Goodreads Author)