Diane Bamford
Diane Bamford asked:

There were 2 issues that surprised me. The first was that a ranger provided a hand-drawn map of an old trail, outside of the park, to a group that contained 3 very inexperienced hikers. The second was that the rangers ignored a murder because it suited their purposes. These 2 things made me feel uneasy. Are these behaviors typical of California rangers?

To answer questions about Lost Canyon, please sign up.
Mmars I highly doubt it, Diane. And those are good points for people who look for factuality in their reading. In this case I just decided to go along with it anyway. I was also a bit surprised that the ranger would not have noticed that the group didn't look experienced in back country hiking.

Also, I wondered if there was high fire danger and whether they would have been allowed to build fires.
Image for Lost Canyon
by Nina Revoyr (Goodreads Author)