E. Arthur
E. Arthur asked:

How much of the technology is accurate, in the sense that it exists?

To answer questions about Half a Mind, please sign up.
Bruce Perrin Much of it exists. Perhaps it is just me, but techno-thrillers that take too much liberty with state-of-the-art seem less interesting. And I consider Half A Mind primarily a techno-thriller. Let’s face it, an author can make technology do anything he or she wants, and it may produce a good story. But if the point of a techno-thriller is to create tension from science that has gone awry, then disasters created by capabilities we have at hand create more tension in me than something that may or may not happen in 20 years…and most likely, will never happen. The basic technology in Half A Mind comes from current research on brain-to-brain communication. If you search the Internet with that phrase, you will find some of it.
Image for Half a Mind
by Bruce M. Perrin (Goodreads Author)