Mary Anderson
Mary Anderson asked:

Did I miss it. I don't remember reading g if Evangeline's son truly turned out to be Robert's?

To answer questions about War Brides, please sign up.
Stephanie
Janée Evangeline is relieved to see that the bay has blue eyes and brown hair, not copper colored hair like Laurent, so we can safely assume the baby is Richard's.
Jackie Yes, the son was Richard's. The baby was white. But she didn't say what happened to him at the end.
Heid I believe Robert is the dad. I already returned the eBook so I can't double check, but I think there's a brief description of the baby after the birth and the reader is led to believe that Evangeline is relieved.
Michelle Nagy Wonder if there will be any kind of sequel to this set from 1995? Will the elderly ladies be challenged about the missing traitor they got rid of? Would also be interesting to learn what happened with Robert. I feel there is room for another book to write about the children and grand children of the War Brides.
Sherry Bledsoe I don't remember either.
Image for War Brides
by Helen Bryan (Goodreads Author)