Leslie
Leslie asked:

Hello people, i have read House of Leaves and loved it, so i'm considering buying this book too. Would you say it's less good or better ? Or equal quality ? The thing is putting aside the weird layout of House of Leaves, i really enjoyed the story, and i'm worried that "S." is only a fancy book with no real dept. I read lots of review that said the story was empty/boring etc...So i'm still not sure what to do...

To answer questions about S., please sign up.
Bonnie Camm I read House of Leaves last year and read S. this summer. I would put both books in a category of "experience" reads. There are several stories going on at the same time in S. (much like HOL). When you read it you will notice the writing in the margins; these are the notes about the book AND too each other from Jen and Eric. Their story is entwined with the book and it is an enticing mystery. If you liked HOL, I'm pretty sure you will enjoy this too.
Image for S.
S.