Sebastian
Sebastian asked:

Broken Monsters seems to be in a similar vein to The Shining Girls, i.e., paranormal crime-noir (sorry for throwing the genre-ball!). Is this a conscious direction you are moving in, to perhaps garner more mainstream attention? And will you ever return to the Moxyland/Zoo City style of writing?

To answer questions about Broken Monsters, please sign up.
Kotc
Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell I think sometimes authors get the urge to write certain stuff--maybe inspired by life events or personal matters--especially if they aren't happy or comfortable with their current genres. A lot of my favorite authors started out writing something totally different than what they write now, and they have little niche groups for each of their genres. I think it's cool when authors experiment, especially when they are as talented as Ms. Beukes! Whatever she writes, I shall read! :)
Image for Broken Monsters
by Lauren Beukes (Goodreads Author)