Lewis Jackson
Lewis Jackson asked:

Will this be a difficult read for a British seventeen year old who has only recently gotten back into reading?

To answer questions about The Killer Angels, please sign up.
Bob H Shouldn't. The prose is straightforward, the story moves along, the characters fairly compelling. They do tend to speak at length, perhaps because of the times, but these soliloquies can be inspiring, esp. Col. Chamberlain's speech to the deserters on the first day of battle.
Jaguar I was 11 when I read this book.
Alasandra Alawine I found the constant switching from different people's point of view irritating. The book also seems to drag.

If you are looking for something to read on the American Civil War Bernard Cornwell's Starbuck Chronicles is superb even though he failed to finish the series.
http://www.bernardcornwell.net/series...
Craig No. This is a fantastic, exciting read that will grab hold of any teenager (especially a boy), and not let go until long after the final page.
Image for The Killer Angels