Cryhwks
Cryhwks asked:

I love how Pat has said the reason this time around he's worked on other stuff while writing the 3rd book is because it will help him finish the 3rd book faster then the 2nd did when in reality it's taking longer. I don't want to sound like a whining crybaby it's just I am tried of waiting for this book to come out. And the fact there is no release date in sight after almost 6 years is really grinding my gears?

To answer questions about Doors of Stone, please sign up.
Ивайло Кенарски Hes reason is that he got some cash from the 1st book success, and it is busy snorting coke out of hookers ass last 5 years.
Randy Rothfuss is of the George RR Martin school of "my fans prove their loyalty to me by celebrating just how long I take to write and finish a novel" - truly it's pathetic. At least Martin truly has a super-complex story going on with something like at least a dozen POV characters and sub-sub plots and literally scores of character that make for VERY complex and intricate story creating (to keep it all rational and believable). Now Kingkiller is good, and Rothfuss proved (at least in the first book) that he is an excellent writer (meh on the 2nd book IMO) - but truly, going on 5+ years to finiish this damn story is bordering on the absurd. Shit or get off the pot dude, but wrap it up one way or the other. Game of Thrones this isnt - not even close, and taking this long to wrap up your first trilogy belies the confidence everyone else has in your genius in writing. All the best, but seriously - five years????
Image for Doors of Stone
by Patrick Rothfuss (Goodreads Author)