bluish silverish

I've been trying to avoid contemporary romance novels because usually they have annoying protagonists or love triangles.I don't mind a little romance in a book if it's realistic and not cheesy. But I want to try a book that has romance as the main plot. Is this book like, a decent romance book?

To answer questions about Anna and the French Kiss, please sign up.
Dorian I think so, at least. There's a love triangle in it, and those normally irritate me but I didn't think it was too bad, as it stayed in the background until the plot needed it to be a problem.

The characters themselves came across realistically to me, with different layers and quirks that made them more than the cliche cardboard cut-outs many books in this genre tend to have. There's teen drama but a realistic amount of it, enough to keep the story going but not enough to get annoying the way some stories do.

I thought the story was cute and immediately went on to read the rest of the series. As a bonus, this author writes REALLY good kisses.
Image for Anna and the French Kiss
by Stephanie Perkins (Goodreads Author)