Megan
Megan asked:

Is it just me, or does this plot sound just like his previous book Coma?

To answer questions about Host, please sign up.
Mary-Lee I read Coma back in the 70's.
Sunitha Sundaram I also felt the same. Medical state of coma is handled and similar institute is portrayed in this book. Version 2 of coma.
Mary Coma was the first Robin Cook book I read, then made into a thriller with Genevieve Bujold and Michael Douglas. Host is not a patch on Coma.
Beth Molski Agreed. I had to check the title I was reading several times to be sure it was not Coma!
Rosa No, it's not just you. It's a modern day Coma. Still a good book and a great update. Now, when it the movie going to come out?
Constance We had the same thought. I liked Coma back then so decided what the heck. Can't blame the author for marketing to a new generation. Perhaps he figured none of us would remember Coma. :)_
Simone At first, I said it was "Coma 2" but that implies a continuation of the story and this isn’t even that! Really, he just rewrote Coma in a more modern setting. Fail.
Joslyn Exactly! His first book Coma from the 1970s
Image for Host
by Robin Cook (Goodreads Author)