Karen Belom
Karen Belom asked:

which book do you think was a better read? The Case of Mary Bell or Cries Unheard?

Marissa Hammer Cries Unheard.
After spending 12 years behind bars in 1980, Mary Bell was released from prison with a new identity. She was met with a HUGE media uproar (people were less than thrilled about her getting out!) so after she got into a normal routine and felt comfortable to talk about her childhood, she published a biography (with help from the author) in 1999/2000. That book is the one I suggest called "Cries Unheard"
I've read both, and I recommend "Cries Unheard" ahead of the other one. The latest news I've heard about Mary Bell (I'll call her that because I obviously don't know her "new" name) is that she's now a Grandmother and is still living happily, and repeatedly says she's "a completely different person" than she once was.
Hope I helped!
Image for Cries Unheard