Tom Auclair
Tom Auclair asked:

Did anyone else find this book to be just an unenjoyable slog? And no, I don't mean the subject matter. I just found the political intricacies to be very slow going.

To answer questions about Hitler: 1889-1936 Hubris, please sign up.
Jochen Träm Honestly, the very detailed description of, well, pretty much everything is in my perspective one of the major selling points of Kershaw's work. YMMV.
Kristine There is a lot of detail, of all kinds, that is for sure. I have not yet finished this very long volume, but I find I can come back to it when I have time and just pick it up and go. I'm surprised by that, and it probably isn't true for all readers.
Orphan Annie This book and its sequel were long, but well worth it. Most books I've read gloss over the complexities, but Kershaw didn't shy away from going deep. Best books on the subject I've ever read. But Kershaw did do a shorter version, entitled simply "Hitler," that perhaps may be less involved but still good.
Image for Hitler