Mia
Mia asked:

I was wondering whether any one has read this book and also Bertrand Russell's 'A History of Western Philosophy', because I am stuck between which one to buy (have a book budget) I am studying western philosophy at uni, and want a book that goes into extensive detail, but isn't super complex... I have heard that Russell is rather bias, is he to an extent that it could be confusing? What would you recommend?

Biblio Curious I think it's great so far. It's a bit dense to read but it summarizes key ideas pretty well. It's unique because it also puts the ideas into brief historical context. It's a solid crossover between history and philosophy.
Juan Pablo Russell is biased, but it is worth the time investment. Russell is not complex to read; rather, he presents, simplifies and dissects the arguments of the philosophers he is discussing in a way that could be considered a "logical analysis".
Image for A New History of Western Philosophy