Ro Prufrock
Ro Prufrock asked:

Since I'm 22 and was extremely creeped out reading this & all the reviews here are from adults (well ... this makes sense here on Goodreads) I'm wondering how real children react to this childrens book. Has anybody children or younger siblings who read this? I'm just curious, and I'm quite certain 12-year-old me would've been scared to death. D:

Molly Claire it is a bit scary, but for me, an 11 year old, i was fine reading it.
Becky Hintz I read this aloud to my four kids, ages 9-13. I did edit out two short parts (cannibalism) that were over the top for kids, in my opinion. With those small omissions, it was in the pleasantly creepy category. No worse than Harry Potter.
H.B Well, I read it, and, yes, I found it quite creepy...But surprisingly I enjoyed it. :p
Cecilia Rodriguez Juvenile and Young Adult fiction is one of those strange genres where the author is rarely the age of the intended audience.
As for the age of the readers, the youngest age is the base, adults can and do read Juvenile and Young Adult books.
As for a child posting a review, the child could write it, and their parents or guardian could post their review if they choose.
Image for Das Haus der verschwundenen Kinder
by Claire Legrand (Goodreads Author)