A.J. Martinez
A.J. Martinez asked:

does this book have a lot of magic in it. I hope so. I am looking for some fantasy with elemental magic you know, a good old Avatar the last airbender type of magic system? Can anyone tell me?

To answer questions about Air Awakens, please sign up.
Lauren This is a very good question! Wanting something that reminded me of Avatar the Last Airbender was one of the reasons I picked to read this book as well.

Now, this is only my opinion, so others may have a different feeling all together. I really enjoyed this book, it's one of my favorite reads of 2015. However, magic wise there is some, but not over abundance of it. This is the first book of a series, so the author had to set the story up. We get the information we need about the world, people, and magic itself. We get to see some use of magic, but we are mainly with the main character as she learns about using her elemental magic. So, the use of magic is there, but not the main focus of the story. However, by the ending of Air Awakens there is more magic used and the way the story is set up it's easy to see that we will see more in the coming books.

I hope this helps answer your question, and sorry for such a long reply!
Image for Air Awakens
by Elise Kova (Goodreads Author)