Reem
Reem asked:

ok so i am a murakami fan, but of course, i don't want to force myself to read pages that repeat themselves. i am planning to read the book but when should i start to, like, skip or fast scan pages, at what point? not sure if it's possible to come up with a helpful answer for this though..

To answer questions about 1Q84 #1-2, please sign up.
Peter My impression is that a lot of the text is character development. If you just want to know what happened, I suspect you might get by just reading book 3, although I think you might have to be content wondering about how some things got that way.

But you asked 2 years ago. What did you end up doing?
Marco Uhmm...if you like to skip pages it is better of that you change author...Murakami's stories as very complex and skipping one or more page will make really hard to follow the story.
Sometimes even if you do not jump any page is hard as well.
Elleh Rachelle If I were you I wouldn't think of skipping any pages, there is no repeats however the chapters are linked according to the three characters Aomame, Tengo and Ushikawa. So if you skip the pages or chapters, you might not get the actual story, however there are something that you can ignore like the parts or sections where the author has borrowed stories from others work, of course giving full credit.
This book is my best read I can say this year, unless another book wins me.☺☺☺
Image for 1Q84 #1-2