Keith
Keith asked:

While this book is rather academic, I want to know if Goodreaders enjoyed this book? It helped me to appreciate Lincoln's shrewdness. He had much more on the ball and understood both American politics and the principles of our then evolving democracy than I had ever given him credit for until reading this book. I will agree with most that Team of Rivals is still definitively the best popular resource. Still . . ?

Glenn Robinson I greatly enjoyed it-twice. Lincoln is much more deeper than most of us realize. In light of the 2016 campaign, I think Lincoln would be very thrilled with the need to have a strong strategy, a deep network and a rewards systems. This book showed the power of the speech, the willingness to take a stand and stick to it and the willingness to work hard in the back rooms.
Image for Lincoln at Cooper Union