Umer Masood
Umer Masood asked:

Mycroft's existence did not occur to me until KAJ wrote this book. In anticipation of the release date, I brushed up on Mycroft Holmes and was astonishing to learn of the possible connection between the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, James Bond, and Mycroft Holmes/Moriarty/Mr.M. Can Mycroft have 007 killed, or vice versa? Do Sherlockians embrace or refute posthumous accounts of Mycroft?

To answer questions about Mycroft Holmes, please sign up.
Irwin Fletcher I know nothing about the League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen but as far as the James Bond canon is concerned there is no connection to Sherlock Holmes. The original M, before Judy Dench took over the role, was named Sir Miles Messervy. And obviously ACD's original Sherlock Holmes stories had no mention of James Bond as ACD died about 23 years before the character was invented.
Mike As far as I know, the Mycroft-M connection came solely from Alan Moore's imagination, and almost certainly wasn't Ian Fleming's intention. But it's certainly a fun idea.
Image for Mycroft Holmes