Michele
Michele asked:

Why do people talk about this as being Christian fiction? I saw zero Christian elements at all, anywhere.

To answer questions about Auralia's Colors, please sign up.
Reagan Excellent question. I thought it was infused with a love, a longing, and an ache of creation/creativity, to my eyes the embodiment of Christ, Creator and Lover of the world and everything in it. I need to reread it to give more specific examples, but I mostly remember Auralia's love for colors and bringing others joy, comfort, and fulfillment.
Joel Bradshaw Most likely because the author's other endeavors are largely in the Christian sphere - he writes for Christianity Today and Image, and works for Seattle Pacific University. His own movie review site comes from a Christian background, and the first book won a couple of Christy Awards, which are for Christian Fiction.

All that being said, Overstreet himself doesn't categorize it as Christian Fiction, but that hasn't kept others from doing so.
Image for Auralia's Colors
by Jeffrey Overstreet (Goodreads Author)