Sherry Francis

Victor, Is there a lot of foul language in this one? Just curious; sometimes modern crime novels tend to include too much of this for me. I love a good mystery (just like my mom), but I don't enjoy reading one with a lot of foul language.

To answer questions about Long Upon the Land, please sign up.
Alice Dinizo No, there is not a lot of foul language but there is North Carolina vernacular. However, this is a wonderful story and a first rate crime novel.
Marilyn It sounds like you might be reading more crime novels instead of mysteries -- most mystery writers I read have little foul language. I think a lot has to do with the kind of characters that pepper the novel. Are they well bred? Are they British or aristocratic? Are they gentle people who are good at sleuthing? This novel had little foul language as far as I remember. I'm sure authors use colorful language for the more rough and tumble protagonists.
Paula I only recall one F word. I listened to the audio version and so might have missed some but normally, profanity would turn me off and I'd stop. I think this is a fairly safe bet with profanity (or the lack thereof...).

Image for Long Upon the Land
by Margaret Maron (Goodreads Author)