Eva
Eva asked:

Just started this. But should I read "Live by Night" first?

To answer questions about World Gone By, please sign up.
Donna The Given Day was the first but it was so loosely connected to Live by Night they stand alone. I'm not sure how dependent World Gone By is on either title.
Tommy Key I would read in order yes
CCBaxter You need to read Live by night before. You NEED to read Any given day, as it is far better than the other two.
Medhansu yes most certainly! a) there are backward references and b)if you read this you won't be able to enjoy Live By Night at all.
Kimberly I actually read Live By Night first as Any Given Day was not available, and it did not spoil the trilogy for me. I just finshed World Gone By, and am hoping that Lehane has one more book about the Coughlins in him to write.
Lizburke It's a trilogy. Start with the first book.
Chris I don't think you HAVE to read Given Day, but you should definitely read Live by Night before reading this one. The first book deals with other members of the Coughlin family - but it is an excellent book.
Jamie Cane I read the first two books they were excellent. I am a huge fan of his books but read the first two before this one
Janellyn51 You should start at the beginning, Given Day is a great book and it shows you where Joe Coughlin came from and how he got where he is. You could read the next two and as any book in a series would, it will give you snippets of what happened in the past two books....but I think it's important to know about Joe's family and where he came from.
Joel no, you should with The Given Day
Image for World Gone By
by Dennis Lehane (Goodreads Author)