Maricel
Maricel asked:

To answer questions about The Hollow Boy, please sign up.
Grace Let's not forget the goggles, though. Losing their Talents might not be the end.
Jessica I would say that it's fair enough to assume that they would. So far, I think they've aged by maybe 2 years? (in the past few books). I'm not so sure how much more they'll age, but the books seem to begin around 6 months later each time...so that time does pass.
But as for the losing their talent thing (in regards to you Munchkin), I'd say that wouldn't be a problem. Stroud is not one to avoid the hard stuff, and I would say that there is a chance Lockwood would lose his talent in this series (George too, but that's less of a linchpin for him, also I do believe Lockwood is actually approaching 17 but nevermind). Anyway, I reckon that [Lockwood ageing losing his talent] would definitely add an interesting element to the story. Besides, I reckon Luce might just retain her talent (given that it is so strong), so we might see the clash between her and everyone else appear somewhere in the books (it's just a guess though).
In summary: yeah, they will (seeing as they have). Also, this was probably an overly wordy answer...so my apologies.
Munch I don't think they will. Maybe in the fourth or fifth book he'll have a epilouge or something but it doesn't make sense for them to grow up in the novel because then they'll lose their Talent. Personally, I would have thought Lockwood would have lost his talent by now because he's almost 16.
Jocelyn During the carnival, when ghosts bombs were thrown onto the float both Steve Rotwell and Rupert Gale reacted as if they could see ghosts and they are both adults. In the chaos no one really questioned it. I think they have found some artificial way to see like the goggles or like the lenses in the Bartimaeus stories.
Image for The Hollow Boy
by Jonathan Stroud (Goodreads Author)