Denise
Denise asked:

After reading the first of the Dublin Murder Squad, "In the Woods", I found this audio book. This narrator is different from the first. Does it matter if I read the series out of order?

To answer questions about Faithful Place, please sign up.
Leia They are much better if you read them in order. I think they will make more sense.
Bridget Martin This book stands on it's own.
I read 1-3 in order because that's how I came across the books. I'll also read the others in sequence because that's what I do. :)
Frank Mackey, the protagonist in Faithful Place, was a minor character in The Likeness. It would be interesting to reread The Likeness to see what is revealed about Frank/Francis.
TIM Wirkus explains the approach Tana French uses in this series.
"Each novel in the Dublin Murder Squad series follows a different detective, each of whom has been featured as a secondary character in a previous novel in the series (with the exception of the protagonist of the first novel). Fully capitalizing on the possibilities contained in this premise, French endows the protagonist with their own distinct voices, their own unique personal philosophies. Over the course of the series, these perspectives come into dynamic conversation with one another, building to an intriguing and ever-increasing clamor."

http://www.themillions.com/2015/03/an...
Rebecca I don't think you have to read them in order, you'll still definitely enjoy them. Although there is some connection and build up on main character development from one book to the next that would benefit, if they were read in order.
Gayl I read #3 only because it was my book club book. Didn't seem to be a problem, but I can't comment about #1 or #2.
Tricia~Marie I feel like you will want to read #1 and #2 in order (but still isnt a lot that you would miss if you didnt), but #3 you can read at anytime.
Image for Faithful Place
by Tana French (Goodreads Author)