Sofia Wren
Sofia Wren asked:

When creating how do you recognize the gems from the ordinary? Do you separate and store the best snippets from your creative process for polishing and creating your art? Or do you have a different way of bringing work forward to share with others?

To answer questions about M Train, please sign up.
Jeaninne Escallier Kato Writing for me is the process of switching to my Reptilian brain. Once my fingers start moving, I have no idea what will appear; however, I can direct my thoughts once they start flowing into a chronology that makes sense to me.
Chris Cipollini I have a notebook with me at all times. You never know what inspiration the most seemingly mundane day can hold.Little gems carry a certian vibe to them. Its speaks to you and has a resonance that sticks to you and it will dog you until you acknowledge it.
Ivor Davis Notebook of course. Cards at gym. But key thing is to quickly get to computer and transfer the scrawls and notes under specific topics and ideas so that you can speedily call them up. Wading thru years of random notebooks can be much too time consuming.
Sofia Wren Hi I am a creative writer and I have tons of ideas. I don't need any more in fact I probably have an over-abundance. How do you organize your ideas over time--beyond a notebook because those quickly fill-- and how do you know which are the keepers to revisit later and which can stay in the idea bin forever? Do you have a system to review them
Nancy Terrell I carry a notebook with me and do exactly as she did - jotting down whatever thoughts come to me at the time. Observations on people and their behavior is never difficult because you can be in Tin Buck Two or Paris and behavior rarely changes. It has taken me an entire lifetime to discover the poetic in the ordinary. If I don't have my notebook I record my observations on my IPhone in my Evernote account.
Lino Oliveira Atirar-se no abismo criativo. Lançar-se ao vazio onde o nada é a matéria prima para a manifestação da expressão artística - seja ela qual for - é o que podemos idealizar de sensação de total liberdade. A pura manifestação do ser, da experiência individual que transcende para a humanidade...
Image for M Train
by Patti Smith (Goodreads Author)