Don
Don asked:

To answer questions about To Kill a Mockingbird, please sign up.
Felix Simcock I can't answer the change of venue one (I wondered myself on that one) as for medical evidence Atticus, rightly, in my opinion complained about not having medical evidence of rape to discredit the prosecutions case. Tom's disability was in evidence as he was in the court room and I think I remember it saying that his left(?) arm was visibly withered.
He wanted to defend Jem because being a lawyer and having the sheriff a witness shortly after the crime, he felt quite certain self-defence could be undoubtedly proven. Boo was not on trail for anything so there was nowhere he was withholding evidence from. Sheriff Tate had made it clear that it wasn't his decision whether Boo would be charged of not.
Image for To Kill a Mockingbird