Carol Alexander

I stopped reading these books since I realized Eve's tormented soul was whiny and putting other (live) people in danger. Can someone please let me know if during her hiatus she has resolved her issues and self-importance?

To answer questions about Shadow Play, please sign up.
Cindy McBride I have to agree with Kathleen and Debbi... you can only beat a single drum so many times before it gets really old. Ms. Johansen is much too talented a writer to keep rehashing one theme or backstory. So... I'm keeping my fingers (eyes?) crossed, too, hoping for a new topic this time that renews my interest in Eve's world...
Colleen Richardson Personally, I liked the Eve/Quinn/Bonnie trilogy and I look forward to her new book and a possible trilogy.
Debbi Vice I'm hoping that after the Eve/Quinn/Bonnie trilogy put Bonnie's kidnapping and death to rest, I just haven't read the 4 books following, including the Taking/Hunting/Silencing Eve trilogy (though they sound familiar - not on my Kindle, so I may still have them in paperback). So, I can't really comment on Shadow Play. I think I'll wait for a few reviews before making a purchase, though.
Kathleen Marasco I did the same thing, because they all seemed repetitive, but since this is a different story, I would like to read this book, I am hoping that it will be a new task instead of past books about Eve.
Jyoti Rishikesh Same here..I also stopped reading after the Eve, Quinn and Bonnie trilogy. That seems to be a type of closure to the series. Somehow reading beyond that feels like the same thing being rehashed. I however do like Iris's style of writing and the strong women she shows.. Looking for some of her non-Eve books now
sharon grant Nope. I have never read the others but this is how i felt with this book. I think its a good book all together.
Image for Shadow Play
by Iris Johansen (Goodreads Author)