Franziska
Franziska asked:

How clean are these books (the other series as well as the Belgariad)? I mean, how suitable for younger readers?

To answer questions about Pawn of Prophecy, please sign up.
Cbackson I wouldn't offer it to younger readers given that the author and his wife served time in prison for child abuse.

Frankly, I wouldn't offer it to any readers given that. Regardless of the merits of the books (IMO, they're garden-variety Tolkien-derivative 1990s fantasy).
Emma Fairy tale clean. The prince marries the princess type of romance.
Jane The Belgariad and Mallorean are fairly clean, there are innuendos or jokes and adult-ish situations every once in while but they're pretty mild as well as few and far between. I read them when I was about 11, but probably could've been a bit older. The Elenium is the only other series of David Eddings' that I've read, and they are definitely more adult than the Belagariad/Mallorean. I would say they are more suitable for young adults.
Image for Pawn of Prophecy