Elizabeth
Elizabeth asked:

Would this book be appropriate for middle school students--in my city's case, that's grades 5-8? The problem with that age spread is that some of the students are ready for YA and others are still reading Tween books. What about the language--you know what I mean? Violence? Sex? I can't tell from these reviews.

To answer questions about The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B, please sign up.
Avreet I think this book will appeal to grade sixers and above. It's an amazing book. I don't think it has any swear words on anything and its basically about this boy who is dealing with OCD and his parents' divorce and everything. And in that mix comes Robyn who he's in love with the moment he lays his eyes on her. There are many things kind of preventing them "to be together", one of them being their age difference and I think their level of OCD? I can't recall. So I think this book will be suitable for grades 6 and up!
Morgyn Templeton This is a young adult novel so ages 11 through 14 is the set level
Carol I think it would be fine. So you know, Adam is definitely physically attracted to Robyn and alludes to the fact that he has to think about "Sister Mary Margaret" and is glad he is wearing bulky clothing but the text doesn't explicitly mention he is having an erection.
Dana I am not sure about grade 5. Grades 7 and 8 definitely.
Alex Also I don't know if you have tried commonsensemdiea.com - it's a website that breaks down books by content and will let you know if there is any questionable content, and how that content is addressed within the book.
Tomas Tidén Definetly a book suited for the age group you suggests.
Not much sex, in fact none... just 'between the lines'. And no swearing.
Violence is very little as well.

Deals with a lot of youth and anxiety problems, in a light hearted manner.
Image for The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B
by Teresa Toten (Goodreads Author)