Kaeleigh
Kaeleigh asked:

Carol, are you considering writing a sequel to The Body Institute? I truly enjoyed reading this novel, but I was a little disappointed by the abrupt ending. I would have liked to continue reading about Morgan's journey in more detail, and it didn't feel believable that the Institute was exposed and investigated so quickly with just a letter.

To answer questions about The Body Institute, please sign up.
Carol Riggs UPDATE! As of January 2018, a companion novel is in the works. It is written from another character's point of view but continues the story where The Body Institute left off. It will continue the themes of body image and weight loss in a climate of government control. Stay tuned!

Hi Kaeleigh, thanks for your question, especially since a lot of people have been wondering about a sequel. Originally I had a sequel in mind, but as my agent and I were looking for a publisher for The Body Institute, Lissa Price's STARTERS came out. At least as I had my sequel outlined at the time, there were too many similarities between the plot of it and Starters (assassination attempts, etc.), so we thought TBI should probably be a standalone. I could conceivably come up with a different plotline for a sequel at some point if I wanted, and there are definitely threads that I could use or unravel a bit to continue the story that I have in TBI. I would just have to alter the plot and make sure it was unique enough not to sound like a copycat version of STARTERS. It likely would not involve the issues of weight loss, body image, and identity that I have in TBI, which was the point (theme) of the novel.
Image for The Body Institute
by Carol Riggs (Goodreads Author)