Rayetta Thomas

I enjoyed the book and I think that it covered some areas that Americans need to pay more attention to for sure. My question is, what about the title? It seems in the beginning as if Sarkhan is a place, but I have had no luck in finding that out. So where is the story taking place?

To answer questions about Sarkhan, please sign up.
Vítor No need to put the same question FIVE TIMES, you don't get more answers for that. It is fictional. It is an obvious stand in for the former French colonies in Indochina (Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia) with a little Thailand (the film of the previous book "The Ugly American" was filmed there and the actor who played the Sarkhan Prime Minister in it who was also the cultural advisor to the production, Kukrit Pramoj, later became the Prime Minister of Thailand and some people ironically started to call Thailand "Sarkhan" in reference to that and the book portrayal of a pro-American Asian country not exactly favoured by the US alliance).
Image for Sarkhan