Maria
Maria asked:

I've been reading online summaries for Pride and Prejudice and I'm really excited and interested in reading the book! However, I'm worried I will get bored with the writing style or won't understand it. Any tips on how to better understand the book while reading it?

To answer questions about Pride and Prejudice, please sign up.
Nikita As this is asked a year ago, I am sure you must have read it. However, I yet thought to leave a comment if it could be helpful to you or someone else. It is tolerably difficult to understand if you use the original text or form. However, it becomes exceedingly easy to read when you use any annotated or expanded version. I fancy using an e-reader is the best, as it not only translates in an easy to understand form or text but also provides meaning to difficult vocabulary and phrases that are obscure today. Having said that, considering your love and excitement for reading, I am sure you will love the book if you don't find any other medium, as google is present today at everyone's disposal for any difficulties. People here are also very helpful in case you face any difficulties.
A useful tip: There are websites like litcharts and sparknotes that provide incredible analysis of each chapter and another one like and shmoop that provides meaning of each great quote from each chapter.
Despite using Kindle, I used these websites and am currently doing so for my better understanding of any classics. Although I don't know whether you have read it, believe me, do visit these sites, it will take just a couple of minutes, will be of great help and you will fall in love with the classic. Have a great time reading!
Timecoincidence When I first read this book, I actually had a hard time reading it...
So, I came up with this strategy of reading several chapters and checking if I read it correctly by watching several episodes on a TV series version of Pride and Prejudice.
Since I do not read many classics, this helped me a LOT.

Now, I love this book!!!
Hope you will too!!
Have fun reading :)

Image for Pride and Prejudice