JW
JW asked:

As I am mid-way through "Moriarty," I thought I'd put in a review of this book, which I read quite a while ago. Horowitz tells a fascinating and entertaining Homes story that I completely enjoyed, even if it doesn't sound like it's been written by Doyle. This is an interpretation, not an attempt at a carbon copy of style. And why would we want that anyway? In a sea of Holmes pastiches, I highly recommend this.

To answer questions about The House of Silk, please sign up.
Campbell See, I disagree. I think the style, the authorial voice, is dead-on Conan Doyle. It's as close to ACD as anyone has ever come. Where it differs is in the choice of subject matter, and that comes down to the more liberal (in its literal sense, all politics aside) nature of society at the beginning of the 21st century.

But that's a minor disagreement. It's a fantastic book and I highly endorse your recommendation.
Wagner Silveira I agree. It was a great tribute, using classic elements, but without trying to replicate the Conan Doyle's writing style. I really enjoyed the book. I've also enjoyed a lot The List of Seven, by Mark Frost - if you're a Holmes fan, you might enjoy that one as well.
Image for The House of Silk
by Anthony Horowitz (Goodreads Author)