Jeffrey
Jeffrey asked:

To answer questions about 1984, please sign up.
Maddy Brennan I was originally confused about the past government, they were called capitalists which makes you think capitalism. However we have to remember that all the information provided to Winston is provided by Big Brother. Which means it all could be a lie.
Lambukeh You have to understand that the author, Orwell himself was member of the Socialist Party of England(ILP). Now comes the funny part: After making a tour of the Soviet Union, he witnessed "Soviet Socialism" and thus wrote this book to warn people the danger of a hijacked socialist cause; to warn people not to "repeat" it.
For example in my Communist country, every time I press the "Submit" button, a copy of my message would be sent directly to the cyberspace security.
IMO, every form of Socialism is a joke.
Image for 1984