Doug
Doug asked:

Does anybody know how many books in the series? Is it a trilogy?

To answer questions about The Aeronaut's Windlass, please sign up.
Swagat Paste: Can you give us any details about your plans for the series moving forward?

Butcher: I’ve got a three-book contract right now. I’ve structured the story so that I could wind it down in three or six or nine books, depending on how well they’re being received. Obviously, I’d like to write [nine], because it’s more fun when you get to see the whole thing. The realities of the industry are that you can never be sure how something is going to be received. You have to plan for all contingencies.

I think the title of the next book will be The Olympian Affair, and the characters are off on a diplomatic mission to another Spire. A bunch of representatives of various Spires are holding a council there to decide which side they’ll be on in the war that’s coming.
Image for The Aeronaut's Windlass
by Jim Butcher (Goodreads Author)